With the advent of essential oils, it has changed the mindset of the people regarding the power of the naturally occurring medicines, before that, they were a subject of joke and their medicinal value was degraded. Now,the story is different, they are popular among the lot and people do not mind investing in it for health sake. These oils are obtained from either the plants, seeds, sometimes non edible fruits, flowers etc. What is significant about these oils are their aroma and the ability to heal the mind and body. After many lab tests and researches done, it has been proven in many studies that many of the essentials oils have the ability to fight against depression. The essential oils that are best for depression and anxiety include, Ylang Ylang, Lavender, Bergamot, Chamomile, Frankincense etc.
Doterra and Young Living are two major essential oil companies, that have gained a lot of popularity in terms of supplying the essential oils and are quite keen in delivering best health care in terms of essential oils. Both the companies belong from Utah and are network marketing based companies that depend on their distributors for the selling of their products. But Doterra is still the younger company, as it began in the year of 2008. Whereas, Young Living has been doing this business since 1993. Young living has a greater variety of single oil products as compared to Doterra, same goes for the essential oil blends. But before we compare more about these two companies, you can always have a look on this video (link given below) and decide for yourselves, that which essential oil company is doing better.
Young Living Lavender Essential Oil For Depression
Lavandula angustifolia is the botanical name of Lavender, it is found mostly in the European countries that border the Mediterranean Sea such as Italy, Croatia,France, Spain etc. Lavender Essential oil is obtained from steam distillation method. Lavender has a fresh and relaxing scent that greatly uplifts the mood and relieves any kind of stress. It has been combined with other essential oil to produce concoctions like Stress Away, Forgiveness, Harmony etc. The lavender essential oil consists of 100% lavender without any impurities, linalyl acetate, linalool and ocimene.
- Lavender Essential Oil fights different kinds of depression including postpartum depression, you can use it either as through massage therapy and hit those pressure points right.
- Lavender Essential Oil also reduces any sort of emotional stress and anxiety, best time to apply is just before going to bed.
- It also helps in maintaining an equilibrium of the internal environment of the body and builds up endurance.
- It also have the healing powers thus, you can gently apply them on cuts and other injuries and also on skin discolourations.
Doterra Ylang Ylang Essential Oil for Depression
Ylang Ylang botanical name is Cananga Odorata, it is found in Indonesia, Phillipines and Malaysia. Steam distillation method is used to extract the essential oil from Ylang Ylang. It has a scent that is sweetened as well peppery. Its main ingredients include Germacrene, caryophyllene and Farnesene. It is used either as a perfume or in the form of aromatherapy for the relief of different types of depression, anxiety, stress and other mental illnesses.
- It provides the best form of relaxation when used in salt water bath.
- The effects of any kind of depression, make it postpartum depression can be countered with the use of Doterra Ylang Ylang Essential Oil.
- It helps in setting the mood right and relieving anxiety.
- It minimizes the negativity, and helps in achieving a more confident and optimistic approach.
- It can be used in combinations with Bergamot thus having a more powerful counter mechanism against any form of depression. It also mixes well with Grapefruit, Vetiver and Geranium.
- A more healthy outlook can be accomplished by ingesting Ylang Ylang, since it has a powerful antioxidant property.
In the end, it is a tough call to decide which of the product from these two companies is the best for depression. But one thing is clear about these two companies, they both have done a tremendous job in maintaining the quality of their products and have taken huge steps in testing their products before officially making them approved for use.